Red Cabbage and Kale Stir Fried Salad
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Approximate calories per serving: 375
2 TB olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ts grated ginger (about 1 inch)
1 large bunch kale, washed and chopped
½ head red cabbage, sliced and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
1. Heat oil over medium to high heat in a wok or large saute pan.
2. Add chopped onion and let cook 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add kale, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add cabbage, stir, cover and cook 10 minutes.
6. Uncover, add kidney beans and garbanzo beans, cook for 5 minutes or until beans are hot.
7. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to your desire.