Fillets of Sole with Steamed Broccoli
About 30 minutes start to finish
4 sole fillets, 7 to 8 ounces each
2 large eggs, beaten
3 TB milk or half and half
3 TB unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Juice of 1 lemon
2 heads of broccoli
1 TB butter
salt and pepper
1. Rinse and pat fish dry, season with salt and pepper.
2. Beat the eggs with the half and half (or milk).
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter. When butter is melted and hot dip fish fillets into egg/milk mixture and transfer them to the skillet.
4. Cook fillets 3 to 4 minutes each side until golden brown.
While fish is cooking,
5. Steam broccoli in sauce pan (with steamer).
6. Steam for 5 minutes.
7. Transfer steamed broccoli to bowl, toss with butter. Salt and Pepper to taste.
8. When the fish is cooked, transfer to serving platter. Add lemon juice
to skillet and cook in remaining sauce. When hot, pour over fish.