I love Mexican food. I usually need a nap after I eat it, but never seem to mind that! This is a great vegetarian Mexican dish that I found in one of my many awesome cookbooks.
The following recipe was found in Tex-Mex Recipes
Southwestern Tortilla Stack
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 30 ounce can of vegetarian refried beans
1/2 cup sour cream
1 4 ounce can green chilies, drained
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 10 inch flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease casserole dish (Oil spray or butter)
2. Combine beans, sour cream, chilies, and cumin; set aside.
3. Place one tortilla in bottom of casserole dish. Top with half of bean mixture and 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Top with second tortilla; repeat layers of beans and cheese.
4. Cover with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese, cover with foil.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa.