Turkey Taco Salad
25 minutes start to finish
1 1/2 pound ground Turkey
1 potato shredded with skin
1/2 package taco seasoning
1/2 head lettuce (finely sliced)
1 tomato (chopped)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup of crushed tortilla chips
1 small can chopped olives
sour cream, salsa
1. Heat medium sized skillet. When pan is hot, add enough vegetable oil to cover bottom of pan, then add shredded potatoes. Let potatoes cook (no lid) for about 15 minutes. You should only need to flip them once. If you let them get browned on the bottom it will be easier to get them off the pan.
2. When potatoes are about half way cooked, begin browning ground turkey mixed with taco seasoning in a different skillet, drain.
3. Combine all vegetables into large salad bowl.
4. Add meat, potatoes, and chips.
5. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa and olives.
When avocados are cheap, buy them and add them.
Also, if you like refried or black beans, those go well with this salad as well.