1 1/2 cups chicken Stock
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup golden raisins
1 1/2 cups plain couscous
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, sliced thinly
salt and pepper
1 large leek
1 cup red wine vinager
1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat the chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium pot with a tight fitting lid.
2. When the liquid begins to boil add the raisins and couscous and take the pot of the heat.
3. Stir the couscous and place the lid on the pot. Let it stand.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat and add the olive oil. Add chicken in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
WHILE CHICKEN IS BROWNING ON BOTH SIDES:
5. Cut the leeks in half lenghwise, then into 1 inch half moons.
6. Place leeks in colander and run them under cold water to clean.
7. Add the leeks to the chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat and add red wine vinegar. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and stir into sauce.
8. Add parsley to couscous and mix it in.
9. Place couscous on plate and top with chicken and leeks.