Green Curry with Sweet Potato and Eggplant
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
1 TB oil
1 onion, chopped
1-2 TB green curry paste—make sure it does not have shrimp paste in it–read label carefully
1 eggplant, quartered and sliced
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 cup vegetable stock
6 lime leaves
1 orange sweet potato, cubed
2 ts brown sugar
2 TB lime juice
3 cups steamed rice
1. Heat oil in large work or frying pan. Add onion, and curry paste. Stir and cook over med. heat 3 minutes.
2. Add eggplant and cook 4-5 minutes.
3. Pour in coconut milk and stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add sweet potato, cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Mix sugar and lime juice. Add to vegetable mixture until well combined. Season to taste with salt.
Serve over steamed rice
Best Products for this Recipe: