Found in: Cooking with Beer
3 TB vegetable oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound beef top sirloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 medium onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 to 5 fresh or canned jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
2 bay leaves
5 tablespoons chili powder
1 ts salt
1 ts ground cumin
1/2 ts black pepper
2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 bottle (12 oz) dark lager or bock beer
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed beef broth PLUS 1 can water
2 cans (4 oz each) diced green chilies, undrained
3 cups cooked pinto beans, OR 2 cans (15 oz each) pinto or kidney beans, drained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
4 green onions, sliced thin
1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
1. Heat 1 TB oil in 5 Quart Dutch Oven over high heat. Add ground beef and cubed beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is lightly brown. Transfer meat and pan drippings to medium bowl.
2. Heat 2 TB oil in Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in canned tomatoes, tomato paste, jalapeno, bay leaves, chili powder, salt, cumin, and black pepper.
3. Add meat, beer, broth, water and green chilis; bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for 2 hours or until meat is very tender and chili has thickened slightly.
5. Stir in beans. Simmer, uncovered, until chili is of desired consistency. Remove and discard bay leaves.
Best Products for This Recipe: