Southwest Black Bean Lasagna
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
12 Lasagna noodles
2 TB olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 ts ground cumin
1 1/2 ts dried oregano
1 1/2 ts chili powder
1 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup sliced black olives, drained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup salsa
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 cups monterey cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook lasagna noodles to package directions.
2. Heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Saute onion 3 minutes; add green and red peppers, garlic, and zucchini and saute 3 minutes.
3. Stir in cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
4. Add black beans, corn, black olives, cilantro, marinara sauce and salsa. Bring to simmer and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, monterey jack, and egg; mix well.
6. To assemble, spread 1 cup of black bean mixture on bottom of 3 quart baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over mixture, top with 1/4 bean mixture, then sprinkle 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with beans on top.
7. Cover with foil, bake for 45 m minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting. Serve topped with sour cream.
Products to use with this Recipe: