Chicken with a Sweet Corn and Potato Saute
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and black pepper
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 large potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
4 TB olive oil
1 ts dried thyme
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 10 ounce bag/box frozen corn
1 1/4 cup chicken stock
2 TB unsalted butter
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Let chicken marinate while you get the rest of the meal set.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat with 2 TB of olive oil. Add potatoes in even layer. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Let the potatoes alone for 2 minutes. Stir in onions, and garlic and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes.
3. While potatoes and onions are cooking, preheat another large skillet with 2 TB olive oil. Add chicken breasts and cook 10 minutes on each side.
4. After 7 minutes of cooking potatoes and onions, add corn kernels to pan. Cook 3 minutes stirring constantly. Add chicken stock, turn heat up to high to bring stock to bubble. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn heat off and add the butter, parsley, and lemon zest. Stir until butter is completely melted.
5. Serve chicken whole or sliced on top of corn and potatoes.