I found this recipe at: www.foodnetwork.com
I’ve changed it a bit to gear it towards my taste buds.
1 1/2 cups pistachios, peeled
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 TB vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ts baking powder
1/2 ts salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lay the pistachios on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake 10 minutes or until the nuts are lightly toasted. Remove from the oven.
3. In an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. With the mixer running, gradually add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla; mix until creamed. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the dough until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the pistachios until evenly distributed.
4. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut in half. Roll each half into a log (each 12 inches long by 1-inch high).
5. Place logs on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly brown.
6. Let logs cool for 5 minutes, then place on a cutting board. Slice each log on a diagonal into 12 1-inch thick pieces. Lay cookies on one side (back on cookie sheet) and bake 5 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake the other side for another 5 minutes.