1 1/2 cups coarsely grated extra-sharp Cheddar
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1/2 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper
1 1/2 TB milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pulse cheese, flour, butter, salt, and pepper in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk and pulse until dough forms a ball.
3. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 12- by 10-inch rectangle (1/8 inch thick).
4. Cut dough with a lightly floured sharp knife into 1/3-inch-wide strips. Carefully transfer to 2 ungreased baking sheets, arranging strips 1/4 inch apart. (If strips tear, pinch back together.)
5. Bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until pale golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheets on racks, about 15 minutes.