Slow Cooker Recipe
I love my slow cooker. Especially on those days when I know I’ll be working right up to when the dinner bell rings. Here’s one I’m going to try tonight for dinner.
I found this one in my most trusted slow cooker recipe book.
Some of the recipes are a bit bland, but I know my taste buds well enough to know what needs to be added to make the recipe tasty to me.
3 whole boneless chicken breasts, cut in halves
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 TB garlic, chopped
1 green or yellow pepper, sliced
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 cups water
1/4 ts salt
1/4 ts paprika
couple drops of Tabasco sauce
1. Roll chicken breasts in flour. Brown in oil in skillet. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
2. Saute onion, pepper, and celery in skillet. Cook until tender.
3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours.
5. Serve over noodles or rice.