The winter months are beginning to slowly creep into my neighborhood, so I thought I would make some warm and delicious soup for tonight’s dinner. It’s great because there is always some leftover and it makes the next days lunch or dinner easy to prepare.
Total Time: 45 minutes
4 TB butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
4-6 cups chicken broth (depends on how much broth you like in your soups)
2 chicken breasts, cut to bite sized pieces
2 large potatoes (sweet or not), peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
black pepper, to taste
Any herbs you like on chicken, to taste
I use (can be fresh or dried):
1. Prep chicken and veggies.
2. Set large deep stock pot to medium heat and melt butter in bottom of pan.
3. When butter is melted, add onions and saute until translucent (about 3 minutes).
4. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
5. Add all the veggies and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Pour in chicken broth, chicken, and herbs. Set heat to high and bring broth to a boil.
7. When broth begins to boil, turn heat down to low for soup to simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
8. Enjoy your yummy warm soup!