Mushroom Curry with Rice
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 lb Mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2-3 tsp fennel seeds
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 ts ginger paste (or finely minced)
2 ts garlic paste (or finely minced)
2 ts black pepper
1/2 ts red chilli powder
1/4 ts turmeric powder
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
5 ts oil
salt to taste
1. Grind cinnamon, fennel seeds & clove to fine powder in a mixer.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the above powder, ginger and garlic paste; fry for a minute in low flame.
3. Add chopped onions. Saute until golden brown.
4. Add chopped tomatoes. Continue to saute until oil separates from it. Add pepper, chili & turmeric powder; mix well.
5. Add mushrooms and 1/4 cup of water and salt; mix well. Cover the pan; let simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
6. Uncover when mushrooms are cooked. Keep stirring for few minutes until all the water evaporates and it becomes a thick gravy.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve with rice.