Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 cups onion, chopped
2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup salsa
1 TB ground cumin
2 15.8 ounce cans black beans, drained
2 cups rice, cooked
12 6-inch corn tortillas
3 cups Monterey Jack and Cheddar blend cheese shredded
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, salsa, cumin black beans and rice in large skillet.
3. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
4. Arrange 6 tortillas in bottom of 9″ x 13″ baking dish overlapping them as necessary.
5. Spread half of bean mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with half of cheese.
6. Repeat layering process with remaining tortillas, bean mixture and cheese.
7. Cover dish with foil and bake 15 minutes. Carefully remove foil and serve warm.
8. Garnish with tomatoes, sour cream and olives.