Great Side Dish!
3 slices bacon, chopped
1 TB olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, small spouts left whole, larger spouts halved
Salt and pepper, to your taste
1 cup chicken broth
1. Brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
2. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
3. Add olive oil to the pan.
4. Add onion to the pan and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
6. Add Brussels spouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Cook Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth.
8. Bring broth to a bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
9. Cook 10 minutes, until tender. Transfer sprouts to a serving dish with a slotted spoon and top with cooked bacon bits.