Cabbage-Bacon Roll Casserole
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
3 1/2 pounds cabbage, chopped
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 teaspoon salt
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
4 strips bacon, diced, cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, brown beef over medium high heat until redness is gone. Drain off fat.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, rice and salt. Add meat and mix all together. Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4. Pour broth over meat mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour.
5. Stir, replace cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
6. Uncover, stir in bacon and cook 15 minutes more.