I have been thinking about family and friends lately as the holiday season is all around me. I thought I would post some great recipes I have received from my family and friends over the years.
Food always tastes better when it is made for or by someone you love.
**This recipe comes from Dubuque, Iowa. Given to me by the mother of one of my best friends.**
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 cup green olives, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
2 jars beef or mushroom gravy
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients (except gravy) together.
3. Form into 1-2 inch meatballs. Place in baking pan and cover with foil.
4. Bake 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, drain off juice.
6. Cover with gravy.
7. Continue baking uncovered until gravy is heated through.
8. Serve over noodles or rice.