Couscous and Chicken Stuffed Peppers
***This recipe was given to me by a friend I have known since grade school.***
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 35 minutes
2 bell peppers
1/2 cup couscous (cooked according to directions–if you can find microwavable, get it!)
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 links chicken sausage (remove from casings)
1/4 cup goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut bell peppers in half, remove seeds.
3. Blanch bell peppers in boiling water for 10 minutes.
4. Cook chicken sausage, zucchini, and onion together until chicken is cooked through.
5. Add cooked couscous to chicken mixture for last minute of cooking.
6. Spoon mixture into bell pepper halves. Add goat cheese to top.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Set oven to broil until peppers are to your preferred crispiness.