Warm Chopped Chicken Piccata Spinach Salad
I found this recipe in one of my Rachel Ray Books.Â I’ve change it a bit for my own tastes.Â Feel free to do the same to my recipes (:
Total Time: 30 minutes
3 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
3 TB olive oil
1 TB salted butter
2 shallots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 TB capers, chopped
Â½ cup white vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 pounds fresh spinach
Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven 250 degrees F
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat large skillet with 2 TB olive oil inside. When oil ripples, add chicken.
- Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side . Remove chicken and allow to rest on a plate.
- To the same skillet, add remaining TB of olive oil and butter. Melt the butter and add the shallots, garlic and capers.
- Saute for 5 minutes. Add vinegar, and let reduce for 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice and then the spinach.
- Not all of the spinach will fit in the pan at once. As soon as the first batch wilts, add the second. So on and so forth. Keep some of your leaves crispy to add depth and texture to your salad.
- When spinach is just about to your liking, add the chicken and turn off the heat. Mix and then serve topped with Parmesan Cheese!