Pork Steak with Apple Cider Vinaigrette and Mashed Orange and Lemon Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 2 hours marinating + 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 TB ground cumin
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 pounds pork steak
2 ounces olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
2 yams, peeled and diced
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 TB butter
1. In a bowl, mix vinegar, water, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Place pork in bowl and marinate 2 hours. Remove and pat dry. Save the marinade.
2. Place yams in stock pot, pour in orange juice and lemon juice. Add enough water to cover the remainder of the yams. Bring yams to a boil and cook for 20 minutes (until yams are tender enough to mash).
3. While yams are cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Heat oil in saute pan. Add pork steaks and brown. Add marinade, cover and cook 5 minutes. Place pork in oven safe dish with marinade, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
5. When yams are tender, drain them. Add butter to yams and mash to your preferred taste.