Spanish Style Quinoa
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Quinoa is becoming one of my favorite new ingredients for dinners.Â It’s really easy to make and super delicious.Â And, an extra bonus is that it is good for you!Â Here’s a quick and easy quinoa recipe to get you started if you have never cooked with quinoa before.
2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp cooking oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 onion, chopped
1 ts paprika
1 ts oregano
1 ts cayenne pepper
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup tomato sauce
2 cups vegetable broth
pepper to taste
1. Heat saute pan over high heat. When pan is hot add oil. Wait for oil to get hot, then add onions. Saute until onions are almost clear.
2. Add garlic to onions and sautÃ© for 30 seconds.
3. Add oregano, paprika, cayenne and pepper.
4. Add quinoa and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
5. Add tomato sauce and vegetable broth to your quinoa. Stir occasionally until mixture begins to boil.
6. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.