Spinach Omelet on a Bed of Tomato Sauce
This is my favorite recipe for this week. Really easy, but it tastes like you are dining at a fine restaurant. It will become a part of your staple dinner food recipes once you’ve had a taste.
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
2 lbs fresh spinach, stems removed
3/4 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 TB flour
2 cups tomato sauce
1 TB paprika
1 cup hot water
1. Rinse all of your spinach and drain. Cook spinach in a sauce pan over medium heat, covered for 2 minutes. You will most likely have to cook in batches. Place cooked spinach back in colander and squeeze out any excess water.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1/2 cup olive oil. Add the cooked, squeezed spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs; Add cooked spinach and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat small skillet over medium heat; add 1 TB olive oil. When oil is hot, add half of your egg/spinach mixture. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Grab a plate that is large enough to cover your large skillet. Turn the plate so that it is covering your skillet. Turn the pan over so that your omelet falls onto the plate. Slide the omelet back into the pan (with the uncooked side now on the bottom).
6. Cook 5 minutes more. Place cooked omelet on baking sheet and place in oven to stay warm.
7. Follow steps 4-6 for second half of egg/spinach mixture.
8. In a bottom heavy sauce pan, heat 2 TB olive oil. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes, stirring the whole time. Add the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the tomato sauce, paprika, hot water, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened (about 5 minutes).
9. To serve: Cut each omelet into 4 pieces. Coat plates with tomato sauce. Add two slices of omelet to each plate.