I have a feeling that this one is going to become one of my recipes to count on. Not only is it cheesy and warm, which makes it a comfort food in my book, it has a kick of onion and bacon to round it out to be a meal full of flavor.
Bacon Mac and Cheese Bake
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
3 cups macaroni
2 TB butter
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 strips of bacon, chopped
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups evaporated milk
1 ts ground cumin
2 cups shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large casserole baking dish.
2. Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and place in large bowl.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and brown for 2 minutes. Add bacon and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
4. Add flour, lower heat and cook 1 minute.
5. Remove your skillet from the heat and gradually add the milk. Stir until mixture is smooth.
6. Return skillet to heat and cook until the mixture thickens and just starts to boil.
7. Remove from heat and add cumin.
8. Add mixture to pasta bowl along with 2/3 of the shredded cheese. Stir and mix; pour into greased casserole baking dish.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.