I really like this dish because I love anything covered in enchilada sauce and the corn gives it just a perfect touch of sweetness. If needed, you could prepare this ahead of time and pop it in your preheated oven and have dinner in 15 minutes!
Black bean and Corn Enchiladas
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
12 corn tortillas
2 cans black beans
3 cups frozen corn
1 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 TB taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet. When oil is hot, add onions. Cook onions until translucent and a little bit browned.
3. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add black beans, corn, pepper and cumin. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken mixture.
5. Mix tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
6. Wrap corn tortillas in a wet paper towel and microwave on high for 15 seconds on each side. If you do not have a microwave, just wrap in wet paper towels for a few minutes.
7. Dip a tortilla in tomato sauce, lay that tortilla in a casserole dish. fill with bean mixture, roll and place at one end of the casserole dish.
8. Repeat step 6 with the rest of your tortillas.
8. Top enchiladas with remaining tomato sauce and shredded cheese.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.