My husband makes the best omelettes I have ever had. He is kind enough to share his recipes with me so I can share them with you! I made the hash browns!
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
8 eggs, beaten
1/2 pound fresh spinach
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. Heat small frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 TB olive oil. When oil is hot, add onions. Cook until browned.
2. Add spinach and cook down until wilted. Remove from heat and transfer into bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat small frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 TB olive oil, lower heat to low.
4. Pour 1/4 beaten eggs into pan. Start swirling your frying pan right away to keep eggs from sticking.
5. Let bottom of your omelette cook for 1 minute. The egg on top will still be a little runny; don’t worry, this is what you want.
6. Place filling mixture to one side of you omelette. Top with shredded cheese.
7. Carefully run your spatula under the side of your omelette that doesn’t have the filling on it. Fold that side over the topping and gently press it down to create a fold.
8. Carefully run your spatula under your folded on omelette and transfer to a baking sheet. Keep warm in the oven while you make your other three omelettes.
9. When you plate your omelettes sprinkle the tops with pinches of sage, salt and pepper.
To make the hash browns:
Grate 1 to 2 potatoes into a bowl. Heat a large skillet; when it’s hot, cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil. Split your grated potatoes into 4 equal portions. Grab one portion and squeeze out any excess water. Add to the skillet. Do the same for the remaining portions. Lower heat to medium and let potatoes brown on the bottom (about 5 minutes on each side). Season with salt and pepper.