I have been wanting to hone my skills as a bake sheet pizza maker for quite sometime now. Today is the day! I thought I would start with an easy tomato sauce based vegetarian pizza. I’m sure I will need to make adjustments along the way, but here’s to starting something new!
***This is a Vegetarian Recipe***
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1/4 inch dry yeast
1/2 ts salt
1/2 ts sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 TB olive oil
1 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
YOUR CHOICE + 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the yeast, salt, sugar in 1 cup warm water. Leave covered in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3. Sift flour into a bowl make a hole in the center of the flour; add yeast to the hole when it is ready (you will see bubbles or foaminess). Mix to make a dough.
4. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes.
5. Brush oil on to a baking sheet. Sprinkle with flour. Roll dough out so it fits the dimensions of your baking sheet. Add to baking sheet. Press down lightly.
6. Top your pizza with sauce, then toppings, then shredded cheese.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.