I needed to use up the rest of my potatoes this week. At the same time, my husband and I are trying to eat more healthy greens. This seemed like the perfect recipe.
Broccoli and Potato Casserole
***Vegetarian Dinner Recipe***
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 pound potatoes, grated
1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
2 TB butter
1 1/2 cups green onions
1 TB fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup grated cheese, cheddar, Swiss, etc.
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook until softened, not brown. Set aside.
2. Blend eggs, lemon juice, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
3. Combine broccoli, potatoes, green onions with egg mixture.
4. Pour in buttered baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake in preheated 350Â° oven for 30 minutes, or until set and golden on top.