One skillet meals are my best friend most nights. I have started adding eggs to my vegetarian meals to give them a little bit more substance. It seems to be working and adds and extra deliciousness!
Green beans, Potatoes and Eggs for Dinner.
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
2 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups frozen green beans
1/4 ts crushed red pepper
Pinch of paprika and cayenne
salt and pepper to taste
4 large eggs, cracked into one small bowl
1. Place potatoes in a stock pot, cover with water, place lid on pot; cook over high heat until water starts to boil. Lower heat to medium and cook potatoes until tender (easy to stick a fork in them-usually takes about 7-10 minutes.)
2. In the meantime steam your frozen green beans according to the bag; either in the stove top or in the microwave (I haven’t noticed much of a difference between the too options).
3. When potatoes are boiled, heat oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot add the onion to the skillet.
4. Cook the onions until translucent and a bit browned; then add the potatoes and garlic; cook 5 minutes with frequent stirring.
5. Add the green beans, crushed red pepper, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Add each egg right on top of the veggies.
7. Cover and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes