I usually make this recipe when I’m down to the ends of a loaf of bread. No need to ever buy bread crumbs as long as you have a way to grind up your slice of bread. Makes the breaded Parmesan chicken have so much more flavor!
Parmesan Chicken and Pasta
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup olive oil
4 chicken breasts
2 slices of bread
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
1 cup uncooked pasta of your choice
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce, heated
1. Using a tenderizing tool, lightly pound on each of your chicken breasts in order to make them thin and easier to cook faster.
2. Start boiling the water you will use to cook your pasta. When water is boiling cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
3. Mix your beaten eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Mix your Parmesan cheese with your bread crumbs; place in another shallow roomy dish.
4. First, use a paper towel to dry your chicken breasts. Dip it first in the milk and egg mixture, then the bread crumbs. Place on a plate to get ready to cook.
5. Heat up the olive oil in a large frying pan. When the oil is hot, place the chicken breasts in the pan. Cook on medium to high heat for 7 minutes. Flip over and cook the other side for 7 minutes.
6. To serve, place pasta on a plate, cover with sauce, then chicken and more sauce. Yum!