My husband gave me a night off this week and made one of my favorite dishes.Â His goal has been to learn how to make Chicken Tikka Masala using asÂ many canned goods as possible (so that he can make it on a whim when he feels like it).Â Well, he did it and it is fabulous!
So, here’s his recipe:
Chicken Tikka Masala with Rice
Prep. Time:Â 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
2 TB Olive oil
1/2 ts of the following spices:
1 dried red chili pepper, minced
1 onion, diced
2 chicken breasts, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1/3 can condensed milk
1 ts tomato paste
2 cups rice
1/2 ts tumeric
1. Cook your rice in a rice cooker. Add tumeric to the water.
2. Heat olive oil in deep dish skillet. Add all of your spices. Cook 30 seconds.
3. Add your onions and stir. Cook 3 minutes until translucent.
4. Add chicken breasts to skillet. Let cook 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
5. Add tomato sauce; stir frequently. When the sauce begins to boil, add evaporated milk.
6. Continue stirring the sauce until sauce boils again.
7. Add tomato paste and stir until your sauce reaches the desired consistency.
8. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
9. Serve Tikka Masala over tumeric rice.