Make this recipe when you are throwing a dinner party or want to feel like you are eating at a gourmet restaurant. I tend to avoid ravioli because it is time consuming, but I LOVE the taste so this week I gave it a shot. You can always make your ravioli the night before and store it in your fridge over night. Then you cut your dinner cooking time to only 20 minutes or so!
Sweet Potato Ravioli in Garlic Cream Sauce
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
1 lb orange sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
5 oz. ricotta cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TB Parmesan cheese
1 9 oz. package won ton wrappers
2 oz. butter
1 bunch green onions, chopped
8 oz. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes.
2. Transfer sweet potato to a mixing bowl. Add ricotta, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Mix and mash until smooth.
3. To make the ravioli: Place one TB of sweet potato mash in the center of one won ton wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water. Place another won ton wrapper on top and press all four edges together. Place on baking sheet with wax paper, cover with damp towel. Repeat this until your filling is gone.
4. Melt butter in skillet. Add green onion and garlic. Cover and cook 1 minute. Add cream and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until cream sauce is thickened.
5. Bring a large sauce pan of water to a boil. Cook ravioli in batches 3 minutes each. Drain and place on serving plates. Cover ravioli with hot cream sauce and serve.