This is sort of a breakfast for dinner recipe. A bit of a twist on your regular potato hashbrowns, this recipe is a great recipe to get your daily fill of vegetables in one sitting. I think the zucchini gives the hashbrowns a unique texture and flavor. Perhaps in the near future I will experiment with using different vegetable combinations.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
3 TB all purpose flour
4 TB olive oil
1. Grate potatoes, carrots, and zucchini. Thinly slice white part of leek.
2. Place grated veggies in strainer and squeeze out as much water as possible.
3. Move to mixing bowl and add leek and flour; mix well.
4. Beat eggs in separate dish, then add to mixing bowl.
5. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions.
6. Heat up oil in skillet. Grab 1 veggie portion, squeeze out excess water, form into patty and carefully add to hot oil.
7. Cook over high to medium heat about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
8. Repeat and serve.
*** You can keep your cooked patties warm on a baking sheet in the oven while your cook the remaining patties.