Collard greens are one of my favorite vegetables. The only trouble is that I have a hard time finding a way to make them other than cooking them all day with some vinegar. Here is what I have come up with.
Collard Green with Tomatoes and Garlic Cheese Bread
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 16 oz. bag frozen collard greens
4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
Juice of one lemon
1 ts garlic powder
1/2 ts mustard powder
1 TB apple cider vinegar
1/2 ts hot sauce
Garlic Cheese Bread
4 slices bread
1 cup shredded cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TB olive oil
Start with the bread:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine garlic and oil. Brush equally on to the bread.
3. Top with shredded cheese.
4. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes.
Greens with Tomatoes:
1. Place collard greens in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. When oil is hot, add onions. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and collard greens to skillet and stir. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 7-10 more minutes or until the liquid evaporates.