I always forget how awesome and easy stir fry is. I like this particular recipe because it is spicy and crunchy, two of my favorite characteristics of a dish.
Bean Sprout and Spinach Stir Fry
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 celery stalks, chopped
8 oz. fresh bean sprouts
1 lb spinach, washed and trimmed
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 dried red chili pepper, minced
4 servings chow mein noodles
1 TB rice vinegar
1 TB sesame oil
2 TB soy sauce
1 TB corn starch
1/2 TB Chinese five spice
1. Mix all ingredients for sauce in small bowl and set aside.
2. Start boiling water in a medium sauce pan (this will be for your chow mein noodles). When water starts to boil add noodles and cook 3 minutes. Separate with a fork while they cook. Drain.
3. Heat up wok over high heat. When pan is hot add olive oil. When olive oil is heated, add onions (you should hear them sizzle; you can test to see if the pan is ready by putting one piece on onion in first).
4. Cook onions 2-3 minutes until just browned. Add garlic for 30 seconds.
5. Add celery and cook 5 minutes; stir occasionally.
6. Add bean sprouts, spinach, green onions, and red chili pepper. Cook 5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
7. Add sauce and noodles to wok. Stir all ingredients together. Serve while hot!