Bacon goes well with just about anything.
Slow Cooked Bacon and Beans with Corn Bread
Slow Cooker Time: LOW 5 to 6 hours
10 slices bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 TB brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 TB mustard
1 TB molasses
1/4 ts salt
1/2 ts chili powder
1/2 ts black pepper
1 (15 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
1 (15 oz.) can pork and beans
1 box of corn bread ready mix
1. Cook bacon in skillet; when cooked moved with slotted spoon to slow cooker. Add onion to the rest of the bacon grease and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add onions and bacon grease to slow cooker.
3. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Mix well.
4. Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
5. Just before your bacon and beans are ready, make your corn bread according to the boxes directions.