Beer Can Chicken
**One of my husband’s favorite. He and his college roommate discovered this recipe together.***
Prep. Time: 15 minutes (not including getting your grill going)
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
1 (4 pound) whole chicken
2 TB vegetable oil
2 TB salt
1 ts black pepper
3 TB of your favorite dry spice rub
1 can beer
**Get your grill going before you start prepping the bird, so it is ready when you are!**
1. Remove neck and giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
2. Rub chicken with oil, then rub with salt, pepper, and dry rub inside and outside. Set aside.
3. Open beer can and take several gulps until can is half full. Place beer on solid surface.
4. Grab chicken leg in each hand and plunk the bird cavity over the beer can.
5. Transfer the “bird-on-a-can” to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its 2 legs like a tripod.
6. Cook the chicken via indirect medium heat with grill cover on for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Internal temperature of the bird must be at 165 degrees F in the breast and 180 degrees F in the thigh.
7. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.