Indian Spiced Spinach Salad with Chicken
Prep. Time: 1 hour marinade plus 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Approximate calories per serving: 536
For the Marinade:
3 TB lemon juice
1 1/2 ts garam masala
1 ts tumeric
1 TB ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 1/2 TB vegetable oil
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
4 chicken breasts
1 TB vegetable oil
2 cups frozen peas
1 bunch spinach, washed and chopped
1 ts cumin seeds
1/2 ts coriander seeds
2 TB lemon juice
1. Combine all marinade ingredients with chicken breasts. Cover and let marinade for at least an hour.
2. Heat a saute pan on high. Add 1 TB vegetable oil, then add chicken breasts.
3. Cook chicken over medium high heat for 7 or so minutes each side. Remove and set aside.
4. Add onions to saute pan and cook over medium high heat for 5 or so minutes. Add frozen peas and cook another 5 or so minutes.
5. In a small saute pan heat up the cumin and coriander seeds. Pour into a grinder or mortar and pestle and grind.
6. Add washed spinach to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and ground spices and mix until combined.
7. Place a serving size of spinach onto a plate. Add onion and pea mixture, then top with one slice chicken breast.