Asparagus and Bell Pepper Tacos
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Approximate calories per serving: 375
16 stalks of asparagus
2 bell peppers
1 TB minced garlic
1 TB oil (I use canola)
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 can black beans
8 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Turn on then oven and set to 400 F.
2. Wash your veggies.
3. Cut 1″ off the bottom of each piece of asparagus, then cut in half.
4. Slice the bell pepper into 1″ thick pieces.
5. Place veggies in a bowl, add garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Mix together
6. Place a sheet of aluminum foil of a baking sheet. Put mixed veggies on the aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. When 5 minutes are left on your baking time, start heating your black beans in a sauce pot.
9. Wrap the corn tortillas in a wet paper towel and heat in the microwave 30 seconds per side.
10. Assemble your tacos! Corn tortilla, then cheese, black beans, 4 pieces of asparagus, 2 pieces of bell pepper, hot sauce!
These suckers are messy, have fun!
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 flour tortillas
1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 pound chicken, chopped
2 ts garlic
2 ts chili powder
2 ts ground cumin
1 canned chili, diced
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) refried beans
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat both sides of each flour tortilla with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes. Turn off oven, keep tortillas inside oven until you are ready to serve.
2. Heat large skillet and add 1 TB olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion and cook until clear. Add bell pepper, garlic, chicken, diced chili and spices; cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover for the last 2-3 minutes to let sauce thicken.
4. When chicken mixture is just about ready, heat beans in microwave.
5. Remove flour tortillas from oven and coat with refried beans. Add chicken mixture and top with shredded cheese.
Corn Stuffed Bell Peppers
This is a Vegetarian Recipe!
Total Time: 45 minutes
6 medium green bell peppers
3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 cup tomato, diced
1 TB onion, chopped
3 TB flour
1 ts salt
1 ts chili powder
1/4 ts ground black pepper
2 TB melted butter
1. Slice tops from peppers; remove seeds and white membranes.
2. Put peppers in a large saucepan; cover with salted water.
3. Cover pan and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
4. Combine remaining ingredients; spoon into drained green peppers.
5. Place in baking pan and bake in a preheated 350Â° oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until done.