Almost every time I ask my husband what I should make for dinner his response it, “Mac and Cheese.” I am trying to come up with some unique ways to enjoy mac and cheese. This week I have decided to add Chicken and Corn to the mix.
Chicken Corn Mac and Cheese
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
4 cups macaroni noodles
1 onion, chopped
3 ribs of celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 TB flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup milk
2 chicken breasts, chopped to bite sized pieces
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups shredded cheese
3 TB green onions
1. Start cooking your pasta according to directions.
2. While you pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet, add oil. When oil is hot add your chicken. Cook 10 minutes, then remove.
2. Bring your skillet back up to heat, add a little bit more olive oil. When oil is hot, add your onions. Cook 5 minutes, until browned. Add celery, red bell pepper and corn. Cook 5 minutes.
3 Add the flour and cook 1 minute. Add the stock, then the milk, then the spices. Stir until the milk bubbles, add the cooked chicken. Cook one more minute.
4. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in the cheese until it melts.
5. Toss the drained pasta with the cheese sauce and serve!