I really never thought I would combine mint and Kalamata olives, but that day has arrived. I can’t really explain the taste other than using the word refreshing. It is as though the mint smooths out the slight tartness of the olives. They just both work really well together. And, to top it off, couscous is not only super easy to make, but it is delicious and good for you. Lots of great things to say about this recipe.
Cumin Mint Chicken over Couscous
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
2 TB olive oil
4 chicken breasts
2 TB cumin
2 TB tumeric
1 TB ground coriander
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup mint, chopped
1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
3 cups couscous
1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Combine olive oil, cumin, tumeric, ground coriander, salt and pepper and garlic. Rub seasoning over chicken breasts.
2. Heat large deep skillet over high heat. Add chicken and brown both sides, 5 minutes each side.
2. Add 2 cups of chicken stock to pan. Bring stock to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add mint and chopped olives to pan. Cook another 10 minutes.
4. Remove cover from pan and cook on high for 5 minutes.
5. Heat 2 cups chicken stock until it starts to boil. Add couscous and tomatoes, turn off heat, cover and let sit 5 minutes.
6. To serve, cover plate with couscous and top with chicken. Top chicken with mint/olive sauce.