Can be either a dinner or appetizer.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Can be cut into 8 appetizer sized slices.
3 — 8 inch flour tortillas
olive oil (for coating tortillas)
1/2 ts chili powder
1/2 ts ground cumin
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
***Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.***
1. Brush one side of flour tortilla with olive oil. Sprinkle with chili powder and cumin.
2. Place tortilla on a baking sheet, spice side down. Top with 1/2 the cheese and chilies.
3. Top with second tortilla. Add remaining cheese and chilies.
4. Top with third tortilla. Coat top of tortilla with olive oil, chili powder and cumin.
5. Broil quesadilla until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 flour tortillas
1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 pound chicken, chopped
2 ts garlic
2 ts chili powder
2 ts ground cumin
1 canned chili, diced
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) refried beans
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat both sides of each flour tortilla with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes. Turn off oven, keep tortillas inside oven until you are ready to serve.
2. Heat large skillet and add 1 TB olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion and cook until clear. Add bell pepper, garlic, chicken, diced chili and spices; cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover for the last 2-3 minutes to let sauce thicken.
4. When chicken mixture is just about ready, heat beans in microwave.
5. Remove flour tortillas from oven and coat with refried beans. Add chicken mixture and top with shredded cheese.