Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
4 servings pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
2 eggs, lightly beaten in a shallow bowl, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 ts dried thyme
1/4 ts dried oregano
1/4 ts dried basil
2 TB olive oil
1 jar pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Leave the baking sheet you will be using inside the oven.
2. In a small, shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs with thyme, oregano, and basil.
2. Dip eggplant slices into beaten egg bowl, then in bread crumbs.
3. Spread oil on hot baking sheet and place breaded eggplant slices on it in a single layer.
4. Bake 15 minutes.
5. Flip and bake another 15 minutes.
6. Turn up oven to 475 degrees F.
7. Mix pasta and past sauce. Place on bottom of baking dish. Top with eggplant, then cheese.
8. Bake another 15 minutes. It’s done when the cheese is golden brown.