Thai Fish Cakes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
14 oz firm white boneless fish fillets
1/4 cup rice or corn flour
1 TB fish sauce
1/2 cup chopped coriander
3 ts Thai red curry paste
1 – 2 small red chillies, chopped fine
3 oz. green beans, sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup oil
sweet chili sauce
1. Pulse blend fish in food processor for 20 seconds, until smooth. Add flour, fish sauce, egg, coriander, curry paste and chili. Mix or 10 seconds. Transfer to bowl and mix in beans and spring onions. Using wet hands, make into patties.
2. Heat oil in heavy based frying pan until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds. Cook four fish cakes at a time until golden brown on each side. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Fillets of Sole with Steamed Broccoli
About 30 minutes start to finish
4 sole fillets, 7 to 8 ounces each
2 large eggs, beaten
3 TB milk or half and half
3 TB unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Juice of 1 lemon
2 heads of broccoli
1 TB butter
salt and pepper
1. Rinse and pat fish dry, season with salt and pepper.
2. Beat the eggs with the half and half (or milk).
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter. When butter is melted and hot dip fish fillets into egg/milk mixture and transfer them to the skillet.
4. Cook fillets 3 to 4 minutes each side until golden brown.
While fish is cooking,
5. Steam broccoli in sauce pan (with steamer).
6. Steam for 5 minutes.
7. Transfer steamed broccoli to bowl, toss with butter. Salt and Pepper to taste.
8. When the fish is cooked, transfer to serving platter. Add lemon juice
to skillet and cook in remaining sauce. When hot, pour over fish.