Mexican Pizza with Flour Tortillas
1/2 pound ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TB chili powder
1 ts ground cumin
1/2 ts paprika
1/2 ts black pepper
1/2 ts salt
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup enchilada sauce
2 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup canned diced chillies
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Brown beef. Drain grease from skillet.
3. Season the meat with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Lay one tortilla in each pie plate, and cover with a layer of refried beans.
5. Spread half of seasoned ground beef over each one, then cover with a second tortilla.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the plates from the oven, and let cool slightly. Spread half of the enchilada sauce over each top tortilla. Cover each pizza with half of the shredded cheese.
8. Cover each pizza with green onions, tomatoes, and diced chilies.
9. Return pizzas to the oven, and bake for 10 more minutes.
10. Slice and serve with dollop of sour cream.
It’s a bit chilly in my neck of the woods today, so I thought I’d make some comfort food for dinner tonight.
This will be my first attempt at making chili!
Wish me luck!
2 pounds ground beef, browned
2 16 oz. cans red kidney beans, drained
2 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 TB chili powder
2 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 TB ground cumin
1 ts black pepper
1 ts salt
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cookers.
2. Cover. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
I’m low on a great deal of supplies today. I love love love! Rachel Ray’s recipe books
because I can always find something in there that only involves the staples I keep around my house.
So, this is what I’ll be having tonight for dinner. As always I’ve made a few minor adjustments to make it more my style. You should do the same!
1 pound spaghetti
1 TB olive oil
3 slices bacon, chopped
1 pound ground hamburger
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 ts hot sauce
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
1. Bring large pot of water to boil, then add spaghetti. Cook pasta according to directions of package.
2. Heat a deep skillet over high heat. Add olive oil and bacon. Brown bacon (5 minutes). Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
3. Add ground beef to same pan and brown 4 minutes. Add onions, garlic and mix into meat. Season everything with salt and pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Cook 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
5. Add the hot spaghetti to the meat sauce and mix together. Grate cheese over pasta and serve.
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 pound hamburger meat
1 onion, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pancake mix
1. Cook hamburger and onion with a dash of salt. Drain.
2. Spray cooking spray in casserole dish, spread cooked meat/onion. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. In a small bowl, mix milk, pancake mix and eggs with a fork. Spread over hamburger.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Save this for the day in the week you really don’t feel like cooking. It will SAVE YOU! And it doesn’t taste too terrible either.
Tater Tot Bake
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 pound hamburger meat
1 onion (chopped)
1 pkg frozen tator tots
1 can (15 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1. In a skillet, brown meat, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place meat in baking dish and top with frozen tater tots.
3. Combine soup and water, mix well. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake and 350 degrees for 25 minutes.