Here were are at the beginning of a new week. This week’s recipe is full of comfort food, sweet and spicy flavor and some really quick meals. I guess I haven’t felt like spending a great deal of time in the kitchen lately (: I did discover this week that chicken wings taste great with Indian influenced spicing on them!
This Week’s Recipe List:
Tandoori Style Chicken Wings with a Yogurt Sauce
Slow Cooked Bacon and Beans with Cornbread
Vegan Bean Sprout and Spinach Stir Fry
Vegetarian English Muffin Pizza with Garlic Green Beans
Vegetarian Sweet and Savory Vegetable Casserole with Sage Rosemary Dumplings
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of this shopping list
Save this recipe for a night when you really DO NOT want to cook. It is made up of ingredients I usually have on hand anyway.
English Muffin Pizza
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 English Muffins
1 (14 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 TB thyme
1 TB oregano
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 TB olive oil
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen green beans
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ts salt
1/2 ts black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Break your 4 english muffins in half and place them on baking sheet.
3. Top each muffin with tomato sauce, then cheese.
4. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
5. While you pizza bakes, microwave your green beans in a bowl (w/ a little bit of water) for 3 minutes. Drain.
6. Heat skillet with 2 TB olive oil. Add green beans, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
Inside Out Pizza
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 TB Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 pinches red bell pepper flakes
1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
1/2 ts dried oregano
salt and black pepper
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1 pound ball smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
1 cup fresh basil, 20 leaves, torn
1. Heat small skillet over med. heat. Add TS olive oil. Add garlic and red bell pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
2. Add tomatoes and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Heat medium skillet over med. heat. Add drizzle of olive oil, then 1 flour tortilla. Cover tortilla with even layer of sliced cheese. Top with 1/4 of the tomato mixture. Scatter 1/4 basil over tomatoes.
4. Set second tortilla above everything. Cook for 2 minutes, drizzle oil on top tortilla, then flip the whole thing over. Cook 2 minutes more.
5. Remove and cut into 4 pieces.
6. Repeat 3 more times.
Best Product for this Recipe: