This recipe is the best because you only need one skillet to make it!
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large zucchini, chopped
2 TB olive oil
1 TB flour
2 TB oregano
1 ts salt
1/2 ts black pepper
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/4 grated cheese
1. Heat oven safe skillet over high heat. When pan is hot, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onions and cook 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add zucchini and flour and mix thoroughly. Continue cooking and stirring occassionally until zucchini is golden brown.
3. Beat eggs, salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Add ricotta, yogurt and parmesan. Mix well.
4. Add egg mixture to hot skillet and mix everything together.
5. Place your oven safe skillet into a preheated 350 degree F oven. Cook 30 minutes.
Make this recipe when you are throwing a dinner party or want to feel like you are eating at a gourmet restaurant. I tend to avoid ravioli because it is time consuming, but I LOVE the taste so this week I gave it a shot. You can always make your ravioli the night before and store it in your fridge over night. Then you cut your dinner cooking time to only 20 minutes or so!
Sweet Potato Ravioli in Garlic Cream Sauce
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
1 lb orange sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
5 oz. ricotta cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TB Parmesan cheese
1 9 oz. package won ton wrappers
2 oz. butter
1 bunch green onions, chopped
8 oz. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes.
2. Transfer sweet potato to a mixing bowl. Add ricotta, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Mix and mash until smooth.
3. To make the ravioli: Place one TB of sweet potato mash in the center of one won ton wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water. Place another won ton wrapper on top and press all four edges together. Place on baking sheet with wax paper, cover with damp towel. Repeat this until your filling is gone.
4. Melt butter in skillet. Add green onion and garlic. Cover and cook 1 minute. Add cream and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until cream sauce is thickened.
5. Bring a large sauce pan of water to a boil. Cook ravioli in batches 3 minutes each. Drain and place on serving plates. Cover ravioli with hot cream sauce and serve.
Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
Prep Time: 45 minutes + 1 hour Refrigeration
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 slices white bread, crusts removed
Â½ cup milk
1 lb frozen spinach, thawed
8 oz Ricotta
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
3/4 cup all purpose flour
Garlic butter sauce:
3 Â½ oz butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 TB basil, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1.Â Soak bread in milk for 10 minutes. Squeeze out any excess milk from bread and frozen spinach.
2.Â Combine bread, spinach, ricotta, eggs and Parmesan. Mix well. Chill, covered for 1 hour.
3.Â Remove from fridge and fold in flour.
4.Â Start boiling water in large sauce pan. With flour on your hands, roll heaped teaspoons of spinach/ricotta mixture into dumplings.
5.Â Carefully lower batched on gnocchi into boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes (gnocchi will rise to the surface when completely cooked. Transfer cooked gnocchi to plate and cover to keep warm.
6.Â Garlic Butter Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Drizzle over cooked gnocchi and serve!