The variety of enchilada recipes out there make me so very happy. I love when recipes mix spicy and creamy together. That just makes my whole mouth happy with every bite!
Flour Tortilla Enchiladas with Hot Tomato Salsa
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
4 oz. cream cheese
3 TB sour cream
1 onion, chopped
15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 red bell peppers
1 pound tomatoes, quartered
1 can diced green chilies
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup cream
8 flour tortillas
2 TB grated parmesan
1. To make the filling: Beat cream cheese, sour cream, onion and kidney beans until well mixed.
2. To make the sauce: If you have a gas stove, turn on burner and blacken the outside of the red bell peppers. Otherwise, broil the peppers for 5-10 minutes until the skin starts to bubble. Wrap peppers in damp towels for 5 minutes. Run peppers under cold water and remove as much of the skin as possible. Cut the peppers in half and remove seeds.
3. Combine peppers, tomatoes, and green chilies in blender. Mix well. Add the egg, cream, sour cream and mix well.
4. To make enchiladas: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour half the salsa into deep pie dish. Dip tortilla into the sauce until completely covered. Place on working surface, spoon 1/8 of filling, roll tortilla and place at one end of large casserole dish. Continue this process with the remaining tortillas.
5. When all of the tortillas are filled and rolled, cover the top with the remaining salsa and grated cheese.
6. Bake enchiladas for 20 minutes.